The ALT-8000 is the world’s first and only RF-based portable radio altimeter flight line test set. It weighs approximately 10 lbs. (4.5 kg) with a large 12-inch color touch-screen, making it easy to use. The ALT-8000 is a universal test set for 4.3 GHz FMCW (frequency modulated continuous carrier wave) radio altimeters and pulse radio altimeters. The simulator is also designed to be software upgradable. For military applications, see the ALT-8015
General – The user interface is Windows® based and provides various pages for control of the test set and display of parametric measurements including: TX power, TX frequency (center), sweep rate, TX pulse width (pulse systems).
Profiles – The Profile page allows the user to create, save, recall or delete named profiles. Each profile is comprised of individual legs. Start, stop altitudes and rates are definable for each leg. A profile can then be executed to simulate a complete landing approach including flare out or a take-off and departure.
RF Coupling – The supplied antenna couplers allow the radio altitude system to be quickly verified without access being required to test ports on the UUT LRU. The RF looped test verifies TX frequency, power, sweep rate, and RF level control provides the means to test UUT sensitivity.
Setup – The setup page allows system, user and RF connection parameters to be set by the user, including RS-232, AID, RF cable loss and altitude offset.
- Terrain Awareness Warning System (TAWS) installations
- Create profiles to control dynamic altitude simulations
- Simulate a complete landing approach, including a flare out
- Simulate a takeoff and departure
- Replicate actual airborne conditions
- Test set only 10.6”H x 13.9”W x 3.4”D (27.0 cm x 35.5 cm x 8.7 cm)
- With standard access 12” H x 30.5”W x 22.5”D (30.5 cm x 77.5 cm x 57.2 cm)
- 15.5 lbs. (test set only)