The Waygate Technologies Krautkramer USM Go+, a Baker Hughes business product (formerly GE Inspection Technologies), is the first choice when top UT performance, combined with ultra-portability and has the option to upgrade to a thickness gauge.
The USM Go+ is equipped with an arrow-keypad and the latest industrial electronics. The state-of-the-art technology contributes to the improved UT performance of the USM Go + . One prime example is the outstanding Near Surface Resolution which allows a reliable detection of defects located just below the surface of the test piece.
Apart from the different operational devices the joystick or the arrow-keypad, the operation and the menus of both instruments are the same. The accessories are inter-changeable with both instruments. And even the stored instrument settings of the USM Go can be used with the USM Go+ and vice versa which will ease any ultrasonic inspector’s work but will ensure that proven settings can continue to be used with new equipment and even shared with other USM Go / USM Go+ inspectors.
- Small size and weight, which allow the instrument to be easily operated in confined spaces and areas of difficult access.
- Light enough to be carried throughout a whole day’s shift
- Battery provides up to 5,5 hours operation. Can be recharged on- or off-board.
- A display screen which is the same size as those in other Waygate Technologies flaw detectors, even though the instrument is much smaller than other instruments in the range.
- An 800×480 pixel display, which is better resolution than a standard DVD.
- A screen with an optimized aspect ratio to ensure highly defined echo separation.
- A screen which can be easily viewed, whether hand-held or desk-mounted.
- A screen which has been ergonomically sized to help reduce eyestrain.
Ease of Use
- Can be operated with one hand, leaving other hand free for other tasks, such as maintaining probe in optimum position or holding onto ladders.
- Features incorporated pressure-sensitive, navigation joystick control derived from the range of remote visual inspection equipment offered by Waygate Technologies.
- All controls within fingertip reach. User can dedicate four function keys according to preference.
- A “Flip” function allows the instrument to be used equally well by left-handed and right-handed people.
- A detachable stand allows the user to optimize the viewing angle, when the instrument is desk- or bench-mounted. The attachment point is suitable for a standard tripod thread.
Versatile and Upgradeable
Customized versions of the USM Go+ are also available, specially adapted to meet specific inspection codes or applications. For example, an optional square wave pulser can be supplied for applications involving the inspection of highly attenuative material, such as castings and forgings. The versions shown in the table are currently available.
A Wide Range of Applications
The USM Go+ has been designed to provide flaw detectioncapability in inspection situations throughout the industrial and process spectrum, from aerospace to power generation and from the automotive sector to the oil and gas industry.
- Weld Inspection
- Inspection of Forgings and Castings
- Inspection of Rails
- Inspection of Composites
- Truly ambidextrous flip function
- Wide VGA color LCD display: 5.0” diagonal screen size, 800 x 480 pixels
- Arrow Keypad Operation
- Weighs less than 2 lbs. with battery
- Auto Calibration of Material Velocity and Probe Zero
- Trigonometric flaw location calculations with Curvature Correction for weld inspection
- Color Leg Indicator in “live” A-scan for angle beam work
- 2 Independent Flaw Monitor Gates
- Selectable 15 to 2000 Hz Pulse Repetition Rate
- Auto-80 for easy 80% amplitude reference
- IP67 sealing
|Square Wave Pulser||X||X||X|
|Thickness Data Recorder||X|
|Display||5″, 800 x 480 pixels, 108 × 65 mm (W x H), >200 cd/m2|
|Size (W x H x D)||175 x 111 x 50 mm|
|Weight||850 g with battery|
|Protection Class||IP 67|
|Operating Temperature||0 – 55 °C|
|Battery||Li-Ion, rechargeable, 6 hours operation time|
|Power Adapter/Charger||100 – 240 V AC, 50/60 Hz|
|Probe Connector||2 x Lemo-00 (T/R)|
|PC Interface||Mini USB|
|Memory Card||SD-Card 16 GB max|
|Reporting||Test report and A-Scan screen shot on SD-Card, Video recording of A-Scan|
|Pulser||120 – 300 V, 30 – 500 ns, flank < 10 ns, Spike, Square wave option|
|Pulse Repetition Frequency||15 – 2000 Hz|
|Damping||50 and 1000 Ohm|
|Reciever||110 dB dynamic, 0.5 ~ 18.5 MHz analog bandwidth|
1-5 MHz, 2,25 MHz, 4 MHz, 5 MHz, 10 MHz, 13 MHz, 15 MHz
|Gates||A and B independent, B triggered by A, C option|
- USM Go+ BASE Instrument Package: Truly ambidextrous flip function, Wide VGA color LCD display 800 x 480 pixels, Operation with one thumb, Weighs less than 2 lbs. with battery, Color Leg Indicator in “live” A-scan for angle beam (weld inspection) work, Selectable 15 to 2000 Hz Pulse Repetition Rate, Auto-80 for easy 80% amplitude reference. Video Recording, IP67 sealing,Quickly store images to SD card in .JPG or .BMP format for easy reporting
- Lithium Ion battery charger
- AC power supply
- Protective LCD Screen Overlays (pkg. 10), clear, field replaceable
- SD Card (8 GB)
- Transport Case
- Hand Strap
- Quick Reference Operating Card
- Operating Manual on CD
- Certificate Of Conformity